"We’re changing the way people think about natural lighting."
- David Rillie, CEO
Solatube International, Inc.
Let’s face it: change isn’t something that happens spontaneously. After all, we didn’t just wake up one day and decide to revolutionize the daylighting industry. Truth be told, changing the way people use daylighting has simply been the result of our passion to challenge conventional thinking and find a better way.
When we started Solatube International, Inc., we were challenged to find an affordable way to bring natural light into dark spaces where natural light had rarely been an option. Our original designs were revolutionary and earned the praise of the media and the loyalty of product owners all over the world. In a quest to tell others about this fantastic new invention, the market needed a name. Thus, the term “tubular skylight” was born.
Over the years, we continued to innovate, adding optical technology throughout the system to capture more sunlight on the roof, transfer more sunlight through the tubing and effectively diffuse the light in the building interior. If you have ever seen Solatube® brand products, you’ll understand. They are remarkable. But one thing is clear.
Our products are not skylights. They are high-performance daylighting systems that use advanced optics to significantly improve the way daylight is harnessed. Read on and discover a new world of opportunity for natural lighting.
At the heart and soul of every Solatube product, you’ll discover an array of innovative technologies that defy conventional thinking. Technology in the dome nearly doubles the Effective Daylight Capture Surface (EDCS) compared to ordinary clear domes used by “tubular skylights.” Our proprietary reflective tubing uses a revolutionary multi-layer polymer surface to reflect more light than physicists thought possible. In fact, it is the most reflective material in the world without using environmentally harmful metals. Optical lenses give designers the ability to deliver daylight like never before. That’s a Solatube Daylighting System.
Raybender® 3000 Technology
- Patented daylight-capturing dome lens
- Redirects low-angle sunlight
- Rejects overpowering summer midday sunlight
- Consistent daylighting throughout the day
- Innovative in-dome reflector
- Redirects low-angle winter sunlight
- Increases light input for increased light output
- Unsurpassed year-round performance
- Most reflective tubing used in TDD’s
- 99.7% specular reflectivity*
- Purest color rendition possible
- Allows for amazing tubing run lengths
of more than 30 feet
Stylish Daylight Delivery
- Form and function combine for
optimal daylight diffusion
- NEW Decorative Fixtures bring
the beauty of glass to
- The Effect Lenses offer choices
to warm or soften the light
- Add functionality with a Light Kit, Vent Kit or Daylight Dimmer™