Thermally broken vinyl self flashing design available with all standard features listed under CMTA section.Features (additional)
- Substantially reduced frame conductivity which practically eliminates the formation of condensation.
- All frame corners are mitred and fusion welded.
- Three inch roof flange for mounting directly over roof opening. No need for wood curb.
- Designed for minimum 3:12 pitch roofs.
- Double wall framed construction forms an annular dead air space, which can be further insulated with injected foam.
- CMHC approved.
Skylights shall be vinyl double walled extrusion (rugged, impact resistant vinyl, superior to aluminum in reducing thermal conductivity.) The corners are fusion welded to ensure a watertight frame. The vinyl frame shall include a minimum 3" roof mounting flange. They shall be factory assembled units consisting of an extruded aluminum retaining frame (6063-T5 alloy) in brown or (white) baked enamel paint finish. The skylight shall be fastened together with stainless steel screws. Glazing materials shall be single, double or triple acrylic or polycarbonate plastic domes in clear, white #2447, or bronze #2404 or #2412, with a uniform airspace between the domes. The skylight assembly shall be airtight with no air paths to connect interior building to exterior elements. A large capacity condensation gutter with weep holes in all four (4) corners shall be an integral part of the unit. A gasket shall be provided between all points of contact between acrylic, aluminum and vinyl surfaces.